What is the FPD?
To advance the best interests of all sectors of the fluoropolymer industry, and to promote its growth and reputation.
The SPI Fluoropolymers Division (FPD) is an organization that primarily represents companies who are processors and suppliers of fluoropolymers. The Division's mission will be driven by its member companies' needs, with the dual goals of assisting them in a collective effort to promote the benefits and use of fluoropolymers and to provide a common voice to address important industry issues. The Division will operate as an independent business unit of SPI and will achieve its mission through the following:
- Promote the use of fluoropolymers in new applications and markets.
- Address worldwide technical, legislative, regulatory and business issues related to fluoropolymers.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information among member companies, academics, the scientific community and end-users.
- Gain a better understanding of the global marketplace opportunities for fluoropolymers.
- Obtain advance notice on regulatory compliance issues.
- Act as the central information resource by compiling and disseminating appropriate technical, statistical and other pertinent data and information.
Key Division Issues
- Attract, hold and involve a major portion of companies in the industry.
- Involve international fluoropolymer industry companies.
- Encourage the Division to address governmental and regulatory concerns.
- Ensure the financial health of the Division and its programs.
- Improve information exchange with the many division members and constituents.
- Ensure the Division can effect a response to industry needs and issues.
How do I join the FPD
If your company is interested in joining the FPD, please send us an e-mail. Include your address and phone number, and a brief description of your business.